International Annual Conference on Energy Poverty in Warsaw
19 - 20 September 2023
Warsaw, Poland - Palace of Culture and Science (Pałac Kultury i Nauki)
The International Annual Conference on Energy Poverty will take place on 19-20 September 2023, at the historic Palace of Culture and Science (Pałac Kultury i Nauki) in the vibrant city of Warsaw, Poland. Organised by the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub (EPAH) and the Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER) of the European Commission in collaboration with the City of Warsaw and with the support of the Committee of the Regions and the Polish Network Energie-Cités (PNEC), this conference is a crucial gathering of local governments, policymakers, experts, and stakeholders dedicated to addressing energy poverty and fostering sustainable solutions at the local level.
Sun4All will be share its experience on the role of energy communities: structural obstacles and benefits for vulnerable consumers, in a session on 20 September (09:10 - 10:40). The session will introduce the current research results on the benefits of energy
communities to tackle energy poverty, followed by the lessons learned from the Sun4All project and two city cases. Afterwards, participants will be split in smaller groups to share and learn from each others’ experience on benefits and obstacles of energy communities.
Confirmed speakers include:
‣ Giorgos Koukoufikis, Project Leader – Just and Empowering Transitions, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
‣ Jurijs Grizans, Officer in Sustainable Energy Planning and Carbon Reporting, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
‣ Miguel Macias Sequeira, PhD Candidate at CENSE FCT-NOVA, on the Telheiras Renewable Energy Community, Lumiar Civil Parish
‣ Alejandro López Parejo, Project Coordinator, Getafe City Council
‣ Marta Garcia, CEO, Ecoserveis, Energy Poverty Advisory Hub (moderator)
Registration is closed but a live streaming of the official opening and panel discussions on 19 September will be available. More information here.