Sustainable Places 2024
23 - 25 September 2024
Luxembourg, - European Convention Center Luxembourg
The 12th annual edition of Sustainable Places (SP2024) is a hybrid event, from 23th to 25th September 2024, with the in-person sessions hosted in Luxembourg.
Sustainability targets and climate change objectives cannot be met without addressing buildings and the built environment at the building, district and urban scale to include our transport and energy infrastructures. Renowned for showcasing results coming out of the EU Horizon 2020 and EU Horizon Europe Framework Programme via the participation of cutting-edge research and innovation projects, the scope of Sustainable Places is captured directly in its name. It involves designing, building and retrofitting the places we live and work in a more sustainable way.
Sustainable Places prides itself on being an ideal platform for the dissemination of research, the conduct of workshops, EU project clustering and networking between stakeholders of all types. SP2024 will be held over three days in a hybrid (digital + in-person) event format. Between opening and closing keynote sessions, parallel technical sessions and project-organized workshops will explore the various conference themes. Given world events we encouraged submissions on technology transfer, renewable energy implementations and energy security with the aim of facilitating actions that increase the rate of renovation and renewable energy implementations.
This year will focus on the following themes, among others:
- Energy Communities, Smart Cities and Urban Transition
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Sustainable Construction & Renovation
- Decarbonization & Circularity
- Climate Change mitigation and adaptation
- Facilitating the energy transition: Policy, Finance, Training
- Sustainable Urban Renewal & Cultural Transformation
- Digital twins, Smartness & Artificial Intelligence for Sustainability
- Resilience and Energy Security
Find out more and the programme and registration here.